View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:35   #15
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki01 View Post
Not sure what Cansoft is, but the original gun is an ICS-141 RIS Sportline. The lower receiver is a smoked clear. I'm not sure how to tell if it's a 2006 model since I got it used from a friend. It has an 'Infinite' motor in it, if that means anything.

The piston is definitely getting damages, as the first tooth has show a but of wear. It's at the extent that I'll be needing to replace it before I can keep going and diagnose this further. Shimming *shouldn't* be an issue since I haven't touched the lower or upper gears at all. It ran smoothly and somewhat quietly in the original plastic receiver.
You had a Cansoft (smoked receiver). The mechboxes made for theses are known to have tolerance issues and not work properly with the regular ICS stuff. I had to change mine for a normal one (I guess your lower mechbox is black?), costs about 25$ anyways, not that bad, and you can find some from time to time here.

But before that, simply unscrew the grip, install the upper receiver then screw the grip back on (only set them don't tighten) and try. If it works, you can trial-error your way out with some electrical tape inside the bottom of the lower receiver.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote