View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2015, 14:02   #24
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
I don't know if its just the lighting in your pictures, but the green on your C8 looks REALLY bright, I'd try and dull it out a bit more. It's bordering on being neon hahahahaha
^THIS. That's some kind of "Zombie Killer" bullshit colouring you have goin on there..... it's a dull Olive Drab green. I'll see if I have any pictures of my service rifle as reference when I get home....

For a "from factory" C8A3 ditch the rail for proper OD hanguards, while I've seen railed C8, I've never seen issued rail covers on them, and when I have seen rail covers, they've never been green like the standard furnature, particularily NOT THAT green. Ditch the CQBR length, the C8A3 replaced the FTHB, it retained the SFW Profile barrel (Think L119A1). Put on a DIEMACO Triad, DIEMACO BUIS and an ELCAN C79A2 optic. Ditch that lower reciever and get a black one, have the fire marker as S/R/AUTO, have the C*A# marked so that the A3 looks like it was done later (A little out of line) as most seem to have been upgrades and build using existing recievers.

You also best start hunting for Ambi firecontrols of the right type, the correct Ambi Charging handle latch (Can be found, I've had 3 of em over the years, only 1 these days) and the correct Ambi mag release.

Trust me on this, I'm one of the main C7/C8 SME around here. Sadly, I have no pictures, but I had a prett good pre C8A3 "parts repaired" rifle.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; July 13th, 2015 at 14:13..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote