View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2019, 17:03   #1
The Legacy

Looking for a guide, or guidance toward rewiring electric gearboxes from digital to analog connections.

Hi there!

In possibly the most frustrating moment in my airsofting career, I had to drop out from Nightfall for the very first time, after finding out that my only working gun, an Ares G36C, would not fire at all. Not a single noise. I quickly determined that the electronics on the gearbox must have fried, because I realized that one of the batteries that was plugged into it, was not detecting a cell. Without sufficient time to combine my spare gun into one good working one, I had to withdrawal.

I refuse to deal with the same issue again, especially since I have a second gun with electronics that will not function, an Ares Amoeba AM-004. As a result, I wish to rewire every single digital gearbox I own, to analog, and stripping out the electronics completely. I have read that this is possible, but I don't know exactly how to do so. I am very capable of wiring and soldering, so it's just a matter of learning how to do it.

Before it is suggested, no, I refuse to replace it with another mosfet, because having a faulty lipo is all you need to blow up another one, and the only cure, a fuse, is often worse than the mosfet itself. If there is no way to rewire my gearbox, I will simply replace the entire gearbox completely with an analog model.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. No rush, since I don't have any other games scheduled.

Last edited by The Legacy; June 8th, 2019 at 17:06..
The Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote