View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2005, 02:28   #5
Daes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
That could be one problem with M16 cylinders pushing M4 barrels. I can't say without making measurements somehow. As it happens I'm working on a piston head of my own design. A prospective new product for AI. I'm slogging through impact measurement trials at the moment. One day when the damn thing is finished and proven, I could use the impact test apparatus to see if cylinder matching greatly affects mechbox impact.

In the meantime, do not dryfire your mechbox. I can show that dryfire imposes a peak impact force about 60% higher than when firing a 0.2g bb. The situation is even worse when you dryfire test your mechbox without a barrel. Even the barrel can produce a measureable reduction in piston impact.
You know, from what you are saying, if you want to make a quick project, create a barrel plug that will allow dry firing. Alot of people dry fire to see if a battery is working, if you have your plug in, like you should when you store or transport, a plug with an inner resistance tube could be cheap to make, and with the data presented, save the wear and tear on your gun...

Oh yeah, another test that I would like to see, related to this, is the impact difference of having an one-piece and a TM three-piece hopup. Does the quick takedown (armalite) TM hopup leak enough that it is causing more impact when shooting, and especially when dry firing...

=Daes=
Daes is offline   Reply With Quote