View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:26   #13
Oberst39

New pics added

Update: I was unhappy with some of the coloring of the stock wood furniure on this rifle so I ordered a real steel buttstock (long), front top handguard and front rear grooved handguard. The buttstock fits almost perfectly with the existing hardware however I had to very slightly sand the front cap end. Perfect fit afterwards. The front top handguard fit with no modification whatsoever and the rear grooved handguard had the be sanded to accommodate the larger width outerbarrel. This was done via my dremmel. One of my barrel band screws snapped so I had to reinstall the old rear barrel band until a new screw arrives at whch time i can reinstall the real steel band. The old band that comes with the rifle does not seat flush with the wood furniture but no big deal. It is temporary. Also added the ejector screw on the left side of the receiver.

To date the following mods have been made:

Added:
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER MOUNT & PADS
RSM NO.32 MK II SNIPER SCOPE
Real steel Wooden butt
Enfield No4 Buttplate Steel
Enfield Buttplate Screw Set of 2
Enfield No4 Front Band
Enfield No4 Rear Barrel Band
Enfield No4 Sling Swivel Band Screws
Enfileld No.4 ejector screw

I think Redwolf should take note as to how their rifle looks compared to mine with the mods. Hard to tell mine from the real thing now. This rifle is an homage to the WW2 sniper weapon of the Canadian and British forces. I created this for my collection of WW2 weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst39 View Post
Update, the bayonets lugs were 1mm to large to accept the MkII spike bayonet. After very careful dremmeling and reblueing, the rifle now accepts the spike bayonet perfectly. Just awaiting a new upper rear grooved handguard and new front and rear barrel bands.

More pics to follow

Last edited by Oberst39; March 6th, 2019 at 23:14..
Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote