View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:36   #5
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
i put a stronger spring in mine ( ics m16 ) and noticed that the semi auto firing was erratic. the weapon fires good on full auto just as yours does. the stronger spring doesnt allow the gears to complete a full cycle in semi and the tension release mechanism doesnt work until i run a f/a cycle. all this apparently is simply due to the stronger spring. my a3 made the same noise as your's does when i put metal bushings in the lower mechbox,, later i found out there was to much pressure on the lower reciever when reinstalled in the weapon due to shimming of the gears. the lower mech box needs to have some side to side play in the gears to compensate for the body squeezing the mechbox halves together when reinstalled. with your weapon split open do you have a small amount of side to side play in the lower gears? if not the entire assembly could be to tight,the gears should turn relatively smoothly taking into account some drag for the motor. if you cant turn the gears by hand and it feels like you could peel carrots with the thing,,im betting the mechbox is being squeezed tight by the body.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote