View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 18:14   #66
drewroud

Hi guys, I have lurked the first page for a while, and I have come to notice that you know a lot about the mechanisms and can help me out with a problem.

Long story short: My we glock 17 worked and now it not working properly.

Basically my gas efficiency has decreased drastically, and the BBU mound gets stuck on the hammer bearing. My glock was fully functioning before and working fine before this started happening.

Here is a quote from a message that I sent another user:

I have searched hours online for a detailed mechanism guide / videos for the glocks, and I have not found anything yet! Where did you learn your stuff?

Anyways I started thinking about it more and I ruled some things out.

~The same amount of gas is being out in the mags so the magazines can be ruled out. (I just bought a brand new army magazine and the same problems happen with it.

SO this means that the problem has to lie within the hammer assembly or the upper bbu.

Another problem is I dont understand how the bbu works and all of the springs/ valvues up top work. Can you explain to me what each peice in the bbu does?

Also, can you explain what the hell does the hammer bearing does and why does it have to be rotated?

I thought about it and I forget that when the gun is fired, the bbu pushes back on the hammer and bearing, so even if it is sticking up higher, the slide isnt affected until the slide is sent back, and the mound gets stuck on the bearing.

That seems like a lot, so I will simplify my request down.

1. Explanation of the bbu / upper assembly gas parts.
2. Explanation of the hammer bearing.
3. The only purpose of the sear is to lock down the hammer and allow the trigger bar to engage it right?
4. Explanation of an enhanced hammer spring? Does it hit the valvue harder?

Thanks for your time/ advice, and hopefully I can get my gun up and running again!

PS: It is not a grease or lube problem, I just redid the whole thing yesterday, same issue!

Last edited by drewroud; January 13th, 2013 at 00:02..
drewroud is offline   Reply With Quote