View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2007, 17:34   #20
rockafella

Ok, here's the deal. I've been calling several places now. After a while I narrowed it down. The guys who make car decals can't make ones as small as I need them to be and they can't do white on clear (this is what they said)
next I tried a silkscreening place, they also can't do images so small. Next was laser engraveing, I went ther today at lunch, and I find out that laser engraveing merely scratches the top layer off (simmilar to the sand blasting process) so it would come out shiny silver (since that is what the aluminum looks like underneath. I couldnt paintover it because there is no real depth and if I ever choose to repaint my gun I would loose it all. So now I am looking at hand engraveing at a jewllers but they charge around $200/hr so i'm not really want to do that. The other idea I hear of is stamping it, I will post more infor when it becomes available. If you have any great ideas i'd love to hear them.

[to bring you up to speed if you don't already know i'm trying to find a way to imprint my own gun markings on my various gun bodies.]