View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2014, 15:37   #9
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
For anyone who watched with the sound off the point is the primary stays downrange to spook anyone who pokes their head up during the swap.
That's kind of where I wanted to go with my comment about it being as efficient as reloading with your muzzle remaining on target, instead of bringing it into your work space. But then I got distracted.

You should have a very fast transition time, and the transition time will be even faster without this ridiculous method. I've hardly ever heard a modern instructor advise someone to "sacrifice your speediness in getting effective rounds down range, in favour of keeping your muzzle pointed at the enemy, in the hopes that they get scared".

If they're not scared to shoot back at you while your gun is actually firing, then it's doubtful that they'll be more afraid of you when your gun stops firing-but-is-still-pointed-at-them.

Perhaps if it took 3 seconds to draw a pistol, it might be worth adding another another second to your draw time by doing this, in the hopes that you'll keep the enemy's head down...And then the sacrifice your accuracy and effectiveness with your pistol...And the sacrifice of reduced mobility while you're holding your dead primary up...And the sacrifice of breaking focus and balance in order to sling your dead primary while keeping your secondary effective.

...But a transition should take less than a second to perform, once you make the decision to do it. If the enemy couldn't get a shot at you while you were actually firing your weapon, it's very unlikely that the enemy will somehow catch on to the fact that you have no weapon for a second, and somehow find a way to shoot you as you transition.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote