View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:35   #69
HackD

In all seriousness, and taking it from a slightly different angle - how do hosts feel about the use of ATV's / off-road vehicles, not so much as a matter of being used in game-play, but in situations of getting from point A. to point B. ex. from the safe area, to where the action is at/particular field being used?

From a personal perspective - i've just been handed bad news by my orthopedic surgeon - I can expect to be FUBAR for the next year after having undergone two hip replacements in one year. This doesn't, and hasn't stopped me from limited participation in the name of 'Redneck Physio' (balance, gait, weight bearing) in events - not much involved in tottering from tree to tree, and hiding behind them to shoot - but the problem is in handling a body equipment load plus a rifle, plus two canes to keep me from toppling over, while on the move from point A. to point B.

So far, the field host that i've been attending, has gone out of his way to make a Kobota UTV available to assist with this - but i feel like i'm impinging on his good will to do this for long.

I've got the handicapped parking sticker, and i've got enough funds in bank to pickup a smaller 4-wheeled ATV - the question would be, whether this is money wasted and effort squandered to participate, if hosts would say no.

What say the hosts?
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote