View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2017, 13:10   #1
Darklen
Administrator

Classifieds Updates

FYI, I'm the admin who typically goes through the classifieds and cleans out the sold (aka "banana") ad's, cleans your sales threads so you don't have a huge amount of bumps and generally tries to keep things neat and clean so it's easier for everyone to browse. I originally cleaned up the classifieds last year as there were over a thousand ads that had not been "banana'd" or bumped in years. I trimmed that down to a very generous year from original start date to kind of reset the clock.

I've been noticing quite a few ads were the item hadn't been bumped in over 6 months and when contacted, the sellers, every single one, had "forgotten" to edit the original post to add the word "banana" so it could be easily and quickly archived so as not to clutter up the classifieds area.

I'd to ask nicely for everyone who has an ad running or who posts an new ad to read/reread the classified rules. Once all your items have sold, edit your original post to include the word "banana". This word was chosen as it's not likely to be used in an airsoft ad so it can be used in an automated search which pulls up all of the sold ads so they can be quickly and easily archived. Do not delete any text of your final ad. Just add the word "banana". Archived ads are saved intact so others can search and see what particular items were listed for to compare for their own buy/sell ads. They are also saved in case there is a dispute. Only use the word "banana". It does not matter if it's capitalized or not but it must be spelled correctly. If it's misspelled or some bastardized version of the word, it won't come up in the search and I have to waste my time to clean up your crap. Editing your ad with "sold" or bumping it with "sold" does not count. It's actually against the classifieds rules and is an infractable offence worth 2 points against your account for 12 months. That's per offence BTW. It only takes 5 points to earn a weeks "vacation" from the site. 10 points for a month and so on.

Also, you are not allowed to edit prices out of your ads once the item(s) are sold! also a 2 point infraction. So if you bump with "sold" and edit prices out of the ad, you've earned 4 points. A suggestion if you have multiple items and you've sold some. After you make your first post, make a second one (after the 7 day bump period), and remove the sold items from the first post and add them to the second, listing the second post as "SOLD". If I'm cleaning your sale thread of bumps, I'll keep the first, second and last posts intact then, deleting all the others.

I'm going to give everyone until Dec. 31/17 to address any active/inactive ads you have. Starting the New Year, I'm nuking every ad not bumped in three months and will continue on from there. Either you've sold it or you don't care enough about it to maintain your ad. I will also issue warnings for those who break the classifieds rules and infractions/bans for repeat offenders.