View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:33   #6
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivah View Post
Ain't that the truth. I mangled mine a bit the first time reinstalling. Very fragile. If you don't have the springs pushed all the way in when reinstalling into the slide you are sure to have issues with them!

It seems as if there isn't enough gas entering the nozzle system. It's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't cycle the gun. The plastic spring you speak of (should be metal along with the guide) is there to return the slide to a forward position. If your slide isn't even cycling to the rear it has nothing to do with that spring or guide even if it is plastic. If it is cycling to the rear and not returning to the forward position I would say it was the spring and guide.
Actually, this isn't completely true.

A stiff recoil spring has a lot to do with the travel of the slide to the rear. If the recoil spring is too stiff, it won't recoil as easily as a stock one would. Thus, when the slide begins the cycle, there will be a lot of resistance when it travels backwards. In many occasions, the strong spring will short stroke the gun.

You'll also reduce the power of the recoil that you feel because the slide won't travel to the rear as fast as on a stock spring.