View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2015, 11:03   #120
Reddwulf

Hey all, saw the thread and while discussion is puttering out, thought I would add my two-cents to this.

First, a preface - my squad is based out of London, so for us to visit TA involves a full afternoon (2 hours each way + traffic + browsing time) and we usually go up together once we have sufficient needs to warrant a trip.

Service on our first trip or two was pretty solid. Questions were asked, answers received, we didn't wait long and we got what we wanted. Lock stock and barrel.

About fall of last year, we noticed a change though. Around then we made an order from TA since we couldn't find time to run up. Parts mostly, some externals, nothing major. Half of it did not arrive. I asked about it upon our next trip up (December) and was told "Oh, it was out of stock at the time, it will be shipped to you when we get it in". It's almost April now. Still never received it or a refund. Further, I know it was in stock because TA's Website is their inventory system.

Also on our Dec trip, our gun tech picked up some various parts after being talked into them for 15 mins from a sales associate. 90% of them broke within the first month.

For me personally though, the big straw was right after Christmas when I bought an M60E4 from them. I ordered it online, but a little voice in my head told me that I should make a run up for it. Boy am I glad I did. Arrived and asked for my order, and was presented with a box that looks like it had just come back from Kosovo. Holes, dents, 20 feet solid of packing tape holding the box together. Okay, maybe it's just the box. We open it up, and the gun is literally a disaster. Receiver is stripped, flash hider is cracked inward, charging handle missing, slide missing, it's not pretty. They were going to ship this to me. I quickly expressed my concern about the gun and it's condition and was told it was the last one in stock. I argued about price, indicating that the gun was clearly damaged and was told "Oh it's perfectly fine. You're planning on taking the flash hider off anyways right?" Irrelevant. Finally after almost 30 minutes of arguing and indicating several times that I was after a refund, the girl went in the back and magically found another one. This one luckily had not been hit by a parade of T90s and was in mint condition. But my trust had been rattled. I asked if I could fire the gun before I took it home, they agreed, and presented an 11.1 lipo for the gun. I explained in great detail that because the gun's box mag is wired to the gun, that 11.1 lipos are very harmful to the gun's functionality and that I had requested in my order that a 9.6 be available to test the gun. After them spending another 15 minutes trying to tell me I was wrong (Despite me indicating otherwise directly on the manufacturers website as well as in the manual) they finally caved and told me they do not have any 9.6 batteries available. Luckily I had one in my truck still and was able to get it and test fire it. The gun was fine and I took it home, but my trust was gone.

I still shop at TA, but from my experience:
A) I don't trust them
B) I know they push for a sale over a customer's needs and
C) I'll always pick up every item in person so I don't get screwed.

I really hope TA reads these comments, because you guys have great potential, and you were there before, but something changed, and you guys need to steer it back. Make it so I don't regret driving two hours to see you guys.
Reddwulf is offline   Reply With Quote