View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:58   #213
Nova_Dust

Greetings fellow Canadian airsofters, I bought my KJW M4 in early September this year and have fielded it twice, don't get much play out there but so far the experience has been nothing but pleasure.

I wasn't into airsofting but was encouraged by friends, so I started with an used TM M4A1 about a year ago. From field gaming and slowly I developed interests in this sport. I purchased an airsoft magazine (2010 buyers' guide) when I was in Taiwan and really did some readings on the GBBs which were introduced in the magazine. It was sorta between Ino, WE and KJW (for me anyway). Appears that KJW is known for its reliability and I think for myself, I would prefer reliability over other factors (with previous car modifying experience...). Hence I purchased this GBB and passed the AEG to a friend of mine. So this is my main field weapon (well only weapon as I have no pistols).

I am now residing in HK (formally in Toronto) and often visit the concentrated airsoft shops in Mongkok (the locals call it "gun street"). I bought the M4 for $1900 HKD and additional magazines for $250 each (roughly $250CDN and $34 respectively). The magazines were out of stock then I "accidentally" went into a shop 2 weeks ago and tried my luck and bought 2 more. So I now play with 4 magazines and so far the supplies hold up. I wouldn't mind get a couple more. But I need to get more pouches since I can no longer fit 2 magazines in 1 pouch, might look bulky with the soft armour vest.

This is my first GBB and the blowback, for me, is amazing. I really don't know about other brands in terms of ammunition but 30 rounds make you think twice before you fire a shot.

As for modification, for now I wish to keep it stock looking, except finding a way to get a longer and tighter bore inner barrel, maybe converting it to a M16 length. I also have a VSR-10 but these days I tend to enjoy more with my M4 than the rifle.

Sorry for the long post, just wish to share the excitement with fellow KJW users. I wish I can play more but wife won't allow weekly game, maybe once every 2 weeks at best. Will definitely check back the thread more often

cheers!

Last edited by Nova_Dust; October 10th, 2010 at 10:01..
Nova_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote