View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2019, 03:39   #9
Ratters

Retailers

General rule of thumb is if you can purchase directly, as in showing up in person, I would recommend this for any airsoft purchase. Even better if the shop has an area to shoot it plus with a chrono. Most retailers don't offer much in the way of a warranty and I have heard stories of retailers reselling defective items so it's always buyer beware. Always closely inspect what you're buying, check for wear, worn decals, scuff marks and modified wiring i.e.: mini or large tamiya switched to deans or similar aftermarket mods. You don't want to inherit somebody else's headache. If an airsoft item is being sold used the price should reflect its condition. Nobody likes that sinking gut feeling knowing they've been duped on a deal. Keep in mind that some aeg's, gas pistols, GBB rifles usually need some doctoring to be reliable but starting out with factory, untampered items are much better to work with than a potential frankengun. Hope this helps you to become an educated airsoft customer for years to come. Happy shooting