View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:19   #15
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylem_8 View Post
Ill equiping our reservists is NOT a good way to solve this issue. Reservists are out there doing just as good of a job as the regular force, so by targeting the reserves is just arrogence on your part. They need the equipment just as much as the next guy. There are many regular force members that you could say "don't need a TAC VEST".

With Operations including more and more reservists would you really want them to join you in an Operation without their full issued kit and properly know how to use it and have trained with it? I know I wouldn't.

Our reserve force needs the same equipment as the regular force to be an effective member of the CF. Although it usually tends never to happen that way we should not purposly take kit away from serving members of the CF, just because they dont do it full time.

So, by you saying "CF should stop giving every reservist a vest and start only giving them to the guys who need them" is a mute statement because we are all one army and we all need the same kit.

Anyways, thanks to the OP for bringing this up. I'm tired of seeing CF issued kit at games as well as being posted on ASC for sale. RETURN YOUR ISSUED KIT GUYS!
I was in the reserves.... I know guys who have been for years and they ALL PERMANENTLY get a Tac vest, where reg force only get them (for the most part) when being deployed, I'm just saying do the same with reserves and there will be much more vest to go around for those being deployed.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote