Thread: KJW M9 problems
View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2016, 22:01   #1
riley_A

KJW M9 problems

So I recently purchased a used KJW m9 and I'm having a couple of issues with both the pistols and the mags.

Firstly, at least 4 of the 5 mags I got with the gun are leaking. I know three of them are leaking from where the baseplate seals with the body of the mag, and the last one seems to be leaking from the fill valve. What would be the best fix for the leaks without having to replace the fill valve? They're all green gas mags by the way.

Also the gun seems to be shooting to hard for it running off of green gas. I dont have a chrono but I did the pop can test and from about 1-2" away the BB's are cracking the bottom of the can. The gun will also through and through a pop can from about 15 feet away as well. So I'm not sure if this is proper for the green gas mags or not.

Lastly, with the one mag that doesnt seem to be leaking, I cant seem to shoot more than a full mags worth of rounds before I run out of gas. The slide wont even lock back after the last round. Im wondering if this has to do with the second problem that I was having, where maybe the gun is expelling too much gas at once which is raising the velocity and killing the efficiency, but im no expert with gas guns.

Any insight into any of the three problems is greatly appreciated
riley_A is offline   Reply With Quote