View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2016, 02:26   #204
RainyEyes

SO recently I've acquired a boneyard APS UAR and trying to preserve APS' reputation for quality workmanship, I present to you how two people decided to fix this gun!

The bullpup design means that it is like a P90 with a trigger bar to reach the gearbox housed in the stock. And when I say housed i mean it's held on by 1 little hex screw.

FIRSTLY: Trigger bar was missing so this was the fix!
Microswitch (the kind on computer mouses) wired directly to the motor! Do engage by the gearbox and do not pass Go!

Me being the genius I am, I used hot glue to shim the trigger so that it now has a hair trigger since the metal arm that engages the microswitch. This switch was installed by drilling a hole into the lower receiver and putting in a stainless steel screw that's simply held on by retention. It's stupid but it works.

Do you want broken gear teeths? Then use ball-bearing bushings! Almost guaranteed to explode and mess up your whole gearbox, leaving permanent scratches in your gearbox and gears!

Broken shiny tooth:

After replacing the bearings with solid metal bushings, I got it up and running again.

More pics to come if I get a chance.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote