View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2015, 03:00   #520
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltastronk View Post
So when we go from there, okay, a 4x optic like an ACOG means you are 4x closer to the beam. So what would be a distance of 1 foot, you would get the same exposure at 4 feet through the optic. Getting hit with a laser at 10 feet is the same as getting hit with one at 40 feet while looking through your ACOG. But the exposure is still "safe" at 1 foot just as it is and 10 feet, so whats the problem? If it's safe to look into at even 1 inch, it's safe to look at from 30 feet away with a short dot.
3x scope, 5mW 4mm beam going in comes out roughly 1.5mm on the other side. 7x higher density.
The singular reason you hate the G&P DBAL and Element PEQ so much is because they're "Chinese and untrustworthy". But for some reason Chinese red lasers are just safe as can be? Because apparently when China makes red lasers, they follow all the rules.
Stock G&P 3mW IR laser = super dangerous
Stock Element <1mW IR laser = death ray
Any given Chinese 5mW red laser = no problems? no complaints? nothing?

Quote:
But what you are doing right now is being upset that the community is not cool with your basement mod lasers, so now nobody can have any lasers.
"community", handful of vocal admins from Ontario? I've had orders from Ontario and the US that I've refused, and they're allowed in the prairies. Nothing to really be sore about. Not any of my business if they're not allowed in Ontario.

Quote:
I mean here you are complaining about risk of eye injuries from something that has never caused any, while you are playing in closer quarters with shooting glasses on
I wear ballistic glasses to protect against the physical impact of BBs.
But I don't wear the special oakley laser lenses on the odd chance someone starts intentionally shining a laser at my face. Which actually happened at that game, what a coincidence. Should have been wearing those laser lenses after all.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote