Thread: Magpul fpg
View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2014, 14:55   #2
Covax

I personally love mine. I originally got one purely as a prop from my series of cyberpunk films but – to my surprise – it served itself very well in several games.

The important thing to note is that it doesn’t have a ton of range – about 30’ is the max for reliability. It is practically useless in out of doors situations in a straight up gunfight. But you OWN anyone in that 30’. As a result it’s an effective weapon when you’re in a close quarters environment – either inside a building or behind close cover. Because the gun’s got almost zero muzzle profile (like a P90) you can pop around corners or above cover faster than opponents with standard AEGs or CQC modified carbines.

I personally use it at night time at mixed environment games, particularly Nightfall (in Picton, ON). After a day of running around with my AEG I usually get rid of my vest & heavy kit after the sun sets, whip this out, and ninja my way though the hallways.

I’ve seen people ask if it’s a good backup for someone like a sniper or an LMG, and I’ve got no easy answer. It takes more time to deploy than a pistol, but it’s a LOT more covenant to carry than an SMG or PDW like an MP7 or P90.

Side note: It’s got too small a profile to really intimidate the opposition. However, the sound when you deploy it has been a HUGE morale boost to guys on my own team.

“OK, where’s the trouble?”

*cka-CHUNK*

“On it.”