View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2013, 21:56   #82
SlowEddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfreerider View Post
you can tell somebody plays COD. Good on you mate, really nice build!

I like that your keeping the stats.

why retire it?

lol i hate COD......... and I was strapping explosives onto r/c cars way before it was cool ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaris View Post
That thing was awesome at Rhino 2 lol I remember watching it drive in and everyone was like "WTF IS THAT THING", scrambling to kick it over and shit lol

How much did that thing cost you to build anyway?Since your retiring it, wanna sell it?

this thing all started out as restoration a restoration project for one of my old non-working nitro r/c cars (I was into rc cars way before i got into airsoft).

I spent around $200-250 restoring / converting it to electric and to get it up and running again. then figured why don't i try to make some air-soft use out of this.
one thing lead to another and id say i ended up spending another $500 or so (the video goggles on my helmet is what cost the most @ $300)

I've retired it for a few reasons
1: this thing was built for speed, it pops wheelie's when you accelerate, pulls stoppies / flips over when you break to hard, rolls at high speed turning. the turning radius is also pretty huge. So I'm pretty limited to where i can use it. that warehouse where rhino 2 took place was ideal.

2: the ACM claymore stinks.... the remote range stinks & every once in a while when i pop a wheelie it automatically triggers. i was planning to improve the trigger mechanism and wire the trigger to my radio, but got lazy and never got around to doing it.

3: I would rather spend the money on something more useless........ like a flying version of this abomination mwhaha