View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2019, 20:22   #5
sly mantis

Thank you for the feedback. buying a new gearbox will be the last resort for this. Im hoping i can find the required parts for cheap somewhere. Will probably post a wtb if i can ever get age verified in TO. Im hoping maybe someone has a junk g36 gearbox laying around that they wouldnt mind selling the needed parts, or maybe someone that picked up a boneyard g36.

I think i figured out the selector issue. Looking at pictures of completed gearboxes i noticed that the cut-off on them doesnt have an extra "nub" that rides on the selector plate. I dont know if this is because this may be an ak cut-off (or if they're even suppose to be different), but this nub is causing the cutoff to lift early.

As it sits now, when you position the plate to where it is suppose to be for install (selector in semi) the top channel should be just to the right of the gearbox tab that holds the spring to the cut-off and the cut-off shouldnt be lifted. But with that extra tab, it is already lifted in this position. So ill either need to get a new cutoff or grind that tab off this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190728_100941287_HDR.jpg (320.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg matrix-28112.jpg (79.9 KB, 6 views)
sly mantis is offline   Reply With Quote