View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2009, 21:05   #35
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Well, I'd have to see the video first to determine what kind of shredding is in order, but in all likelihood they'd edit the interview cutting out the solid points and focusing on parts that make me look like a redneck, right-wing gun nut. Which isn't particularly difficult I suppose

That's the real problem with television interviews; they can snip and chop and reorder things to support their position and whatever wins you thought you scored get lost in the final product.

The best you can do is level the facts at them.

Replica's aren't all that easy to get. In fact, it's easier to get a crime gun, and law-abiding citizens using replica firearms in the pursuit of adventure games are unlikely to do anything stupid with them, unlike criminals. Remarkably like law-abiding gun owners are the least likely to commit gun crimes, so are those who use replicas for sport.

And of course, banning them would be about as useful as a ban on real handguns. If criminals respected bans, they wouldn't be criminals.

Perhaps the CBC should tackle the tough issue of crime and criminals. Only an idiot believes that 2 Billion dollars wouldn't go a long way towards better policing and safer communities. Wonder what the CBC's budget looks like?
And thats why its better to lock them out Sorry but 'hoping' the news cast will say/do something good is just to funny, those guys make a living out of turning a shit on the sidewalk into a shit storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadhound View Post
I am glad that here in Canada we have so few problems that we can focus on pathetic issues like the availability of toy guns.
So true. Sigged.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote