View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2008, 19:57   #13
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Miss your coffee break?

People can be hurt playing Airsoft... I (and I'm HARDLY alone in this) got a wicked face bleeder from a non-sniper shooting a stock [I think] JG... shot me from the second story of the drug lab, essentially while standing on my head...

Things like MEDs are important when shooting a gun that fires 400fps +
MED's are no MORE important if the gun shoots 300, 400 or 500. I've seen more bleeders from 400FPS guns not only because there are more OF them but because lots of people seem to think that MED should start with guns that shoot 401. Heck I've gotten bleeders from guns firing 350 from over 40ft distances, should we start policing the upgrades of all guns now because there is a danger to the game? No, so why does the sniper aspect get shite on all the time?

Trigger and barrel control I think is the biggest issue people should talk MUCH MUCH more about than MED. With a 400 FPS gun I'll avoid fleshy area's best I can and always aim low when my targets with in 40 feet. This weekend past I made a mistake and completely exposed my left flank trying to take out a guy on the opposite side of a small berm with my pistol, however the person shooting at me AIMED for the head which was clearly NOT the only target. Now that particular case I really don't care because even through it was a 400 fps gun and only 30 some feet away, rounds deflected off my gear and thus me not being injured. Instances where I have snuck up on people and whispered that they were out I get shot point blank, and then there are other times where people will not stop shooting, no matter how many times you yell you're hit and they are only 40 feet from you! People get too much adrenaline and forget to control themselves, and with their being SO MANY more 400FPS and under guns I find it funny that the BIG target for trigger control, MED practice and otherwise down talking is the sniper rifle crowd.

CDN_Stalker has told me there's a round table committee or something like that that has a 500fps sniper rifle certification here in Ontario; I always thought that only had to do with OP Border Wars, but if its really a must to start getting Snipers "qualified" to use their gun, how long before Support gunners need it? Or "qualification" for upgraded guns? It could either be fun to have such systems set up, but also just become a fiasco of basket cases.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote