View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2008, 08:20   #62
maporms

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Maporms...thanks for posting up your list(s). What would be really helpful (and a lot of work on your end) would be to detail/explain your reasoning for selecting those parts. I.e. what you were trying to achieve and how the part you chose did/didn't do that.

Again...a lot of work, but it'd be so helpful for others.

And, specifically...do have have any more info/comments on running those rifles with LiPo's?

Thanks!

Tys
You are welcome sir! I dont know much about lipolies but here are the pros and cons based on my experience and other player's inputs

Pros:
-Insane Rate of Fire (especially if you pair it up with stock springs and stock gears, but i suggest you use a sector chip to prevent misfeeding)

-Easy to charge if you have a lipoly balancer and charger. No over charging if you are using a smart balancer.

-No need to drain the batt (lipolies love to be charged)

-More compact than Sub-C Batteries

Cons:
-Because of insane rof, you are required to reshim and change your stock bushings to metal. Advisable is to reinforce your parts especially your piston body and sector gear.

-Charging using a wall charger is a big No No

-Very sensitive, i've heard some cheap china lipolies explode

-A fully drained lipoly is prone to, as what Filipino Airsofters call, getting "Pregnant". They tend to bloat. If that happens, goodbye Lipoly

-Harder to decock your spring because of ROF (that is why i keep my stock 8.4v batteries)

-Advisable not to use in the rain. But i did some mod's on my batt compartment to prevent my Lipolies from getting wet.

Well in my own opinion, its up to the user's preferences if he/she chooses the safer 9.6v Sub Cells, or the 11.1v Lipolies. I love using lipolies because of the rate of fire. Haven't got any single problem just as long as you know how to take care of these babies.

By the way, there's a new version of lipoly with 7.4v output. Much safer on your system, and has the same rof with 9.6v Sub-C's. plus has a high Mah of 2250mah. I just don't know if these things are available in your side of the planet.

Just my 2 bb's

Last edited by maporms; July 19th, 2008 at 08:22..
maporms is offline   Reply With Quote