View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:30   #76
Marriott

Mananged to get the grip attached. Still needds work but heres the updated progress. I think the front exces will be removed, then the back of the mini launcher ground down. After that i may used the excess front section to fit towards the rear. The gap behind the Launcher is essential as this will be a section where electronics and solenoids will be housed for teh electronic fire controls.

I've not worked out how i'm going to cope with the front yet, as even when its trimmed flush to the front some space will be needed for the launcher to tip up for loading.

The origional M203 grip had the semi-circle cut away (i think its where it clicks in to the origional launcher) which was ideal for placing around the mini launchers release pin. I'm tempted to make a new release pin that sits slightly lower down to make it easier to open, not that its difficult anyway.

PS- Current Weight is 4.8kg..... Without ammo, box mag, steel stock and bodywork, not upper rail system. no electronics, no electronics power supply and switches etc. Crap......

See what you think to progress! comments and ideas always welcome as with a propject this large its easy to miss things!

Last edited by Marriott; July 18th, 2008 at 10:45..
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote