View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2008, 17:33   #7
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Not wanting to start a PTW vs the world thing Mac, I think your write up is awesome. ONe thing I noticed that should be put in there is the problems/failures PTWs are starting to show... I find a lot of players think this is the end all be all gun as there are no problems with it, which you clearly know isn't true.

Good job
This isn't a "How to fix my PTW" thread.

It needs to be said however, that nearly all PTW failures you hear about are with the kits. Factory QC'd and assembled guns would display these problems upon testing and set-up, and would be corrected at the factory. I have gotten hundreds of PMs about broken PTWs, and all but 1 was a kit, and this is from dozens of users. This is why I included a small kit vs. factory assembled bit in the FAQ.

Assembled properly and working properly, the PTW outperforms any other out-of-box AEG there is, and can withstand an M150 for, in some cases, hundreds of thousands of rounds with minimal maintainance. That's the design, but in practice, all mechanical things will fail, that's a given.

You know Jay in Calgary, there's maybe 1 or 2 factory assembled PTW and about 15-20 kits. Guess whose break down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hound View Post
Is the electionics sealed in the 2008 Max versions? if i decide to play in the rain or the grass being very damp
You can play in the rain. I have. I just would avoid torrential downpour and taking the gun swimming. Wet grass is fine. You would need to get alot of water on/in the gun before it will make it's way to the electronics. There are things you can do to help seal the gun, like install a thin skin of silicone on the receiver joints.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.

Last edited by mcguyver; February 14th, 2008 at 17:36..
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote