Thread: Snipers Corner
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2006, 16:17   #52
Redneck

Send a message via ICQ to Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL-
Not everyone is able to take that airsoft sniper course, like.. everyone out west, the maratimes, etc.

Just because you haven't taken that course, doesn't mean you shoulden't be denied access to information. You don't need to take any course to be a airsoft sniper.

I've never taken the course, but I'm sure I could be a "airsoft sniper".
As much as I am in favour of the Sniper's Corner, I also agree with this.

I think if a person has enough experience in airsoft, they should be able to judge within reason, safe engagement ranges, target acquisition and such.

I've been in airsoft long enough and my work schedule prevents me from attending many games. While I don't mind attending the Sniper Clinics/Courses/Workshops/Seminars, the reality is that there hasn't been one held in quite some time, and if one gets put together and I can't make it, no one is going to tell me I can't use my Type 96 if it falls within the host's fps limits.

There seems to be a fine line between a specialized skill and elitism as far as this topic goes. I just hope that the clinics are held soon and often. And available by correspondence for our friends in other provinces.

Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Tai Kwan Leap. Approach me that you might see...
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote