View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2019, 20:30   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3302 View Post
What are you using for a DMR? My local field has a fps limit of 440 for DMR and 480 for sniper rifle. Could a upgraded DMR at 420 fps compete with a upgraded sniper rifle for distance and accuracy?
to a certain extent, it really depends what fields you're playing on. In manitoba the fields were more jungle-like, the avg engagement distance with my VSR was about 50-75 feet. It's pretty rare to run into a circumstance where I would even need to shoot someone 300ft away in Mb, so the only advantage I had was that it was dead silent.
In Ab, I'd say most shots are 100-250ft at smaller fields, and usually 250-350 at the bigger ones.
Don't expect to be getting single shot kills at 350ft with a DMR, but you have the advantage of being able to follow up faster.
Bolt action rifles are more for pride than anything else. The added range is a bonus, but unless you have a good team working with you, (again, depending on the field) it's completely offset by not being able to do anything against people within 100ft.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote