Thread: Stolen Valour?
View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2017, 13:37   #24
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
My problem is not that he didn't know anything about night vision. My problem was that he was trying to lecture clueless people about night vision when it was obvious that he did some basic internet searches and was incorrectly regurgitating information. He claimed that he used GSCI issued tubes. Why would U.S. forces choose shit from a Canadian CIVILIAN night vision company that uses European tubes? Why would they do that when ITT and L-3 units are readily available to them?

What evidence do you have that the U.S. military would grab NVGs from whoever could supply them? I really don't believe that at all when it comes to night vision.
I'm not throwing in on the info he was spewing, just that you can't really expect MIL pers to know much about the majority of their kit.

As for the NVG supply question, from working Supply, working with the U.S. forces (Their supply guys bitched a lot about it) and the Catalogue system, through which I can view items entered into the system by other NATO nations.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote