View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2005, 18:46   #1
Greykin

*Stick Please* Installing A P90 Large Battery Tool For Borrowing!

Current Owner of Screwdriver: Greykin

---
The Battery:

So you've tried this and it still isn't working for you, the battery refuses to go in far enough, so the buttplate can slide on.

Well, I hope this will help then, this is what I did:

1. I totally sanded down the backplate to get rid of the ridges

2. I found that it was still hard to put in my battery, then heard there was a solution still. There is a ridge at the bottom of your P90 battery compartment that is about 2 - 3mm. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it. If you look directly down the P90 battery compartment though, you can see a ridge, if you take that out, it will allow your battery to go down a bit more, fitting the battery.

3. To break out the ridge, there are many methods to achieve this, but the easiest way is to use this screwer MadMax has so generously donated to the community. It took me under 1min to take out the ridge with it.
This is what the screwdriver tip looks like:

4. All you do is saddle the screwdriver over the ridge, and twist it, and the ridge bends and breaks off really easily, resulting in something that may look like this:

5. Stick in your battery now and give it a good press when it's in, so now it should look something like this =):

So, right now I am in the possession of the screwdriver. For anyone who needs it, just pay for the shipping fees and I can deliver it to your place then you'll be the new holder, and if someone else needs it, you can send it to them, and so on.