View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2023, 10:15   #5
Xedilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
In your last thread you mentioned that the piston head was seized... did you ever get that fixed?
I frankly don't remember what I meant by that, I know my cylinder head isn't budging, but the piston head was just fine to take apart, and it seems very thin and just the right size for the spring to sit on.
20230214_100308.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I'd just try swapping the piston head, then springs, etc. and doing measurements along the way to see what's working and what's not with each other.

In general, I think that it should be going all the way back for "maximum efficiency" e.g. you paid for this length of travel, that's how much you're gonna get especially with a non-ported cylinder.
Wanted to be sure its "normal" that it goes all the way back, i'm very rusty at this and my conceptions aren't what they used to be...
Alright, i'll try to find the stock spring for starters and see how that works out, then if that works, i'll order a new spring. Everything started with replacing the spring after all.
As for the cylinder, if ported is worth it, I might as well buy one from SHS while i'm at it.

So apparently there's ported pistons now. Worth it?

And I definitely will try an SHS spring.

GIT GUD OR STAY PLEB

Last edited by Xedilian; February 14th, 2023 at 12:03..
Xedilian is offline   Reply With Quote