View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2020, 16:26   #11
zgzdgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
You didn't need to open your gun up at all to fix the problem if it is still shooting properly. You've likely done more harm opening it up. See below.

This should be an indicator that your magazines are finished and you need to replace them, or that your BB's are not working with your magazines. Keeping in mind that certain brands of BB's work fine in some guns, but not in others, but that does not mean they are defective, just that the manufacturers have different tolerances. Have you switched BB brands or were there changes to manufacturing QA?

Are they high-cap (turn a wheel at the bottom to feed, 200+ rounds) or mid-cap magazines? (60-120 rounds)?

Diagnose it from the point of the magazine, then the hop-up, and then open the gearbox as a last resort.

To diagnose if the magazine is defective, load BB's into the magazine, turn the gun upside down and take shots on semi-auto to see if the bb's are shooting individually.

If yes, turn it back upside and try it again. If the problem persists, replace the magazine.

If no, proceed to verify that the hop-up is turned off, take a few shots, and then turn it back up again. If the shots are misfeeding with the hop-up on, then turn down hop up until shots are consistent. If the problem persists, replace the hop-up rubber. Otherwise proceed to next step: the gearbox.

Verify that the nozzle is able to freely move back and forth. This is done WITHOUT disassembling the gearbox. Just dry fire the gun and put your hand over the nozzle to see if it's shuffling back and forth.

Since you've taken pictures to confirm that the tappet place is still in one piece, we can rule out that the nozzle is not retracting and failing to push the bb's into the hop-up chamber due to the tappet plate. I also see in the pictures that your tappet plate return spring is in good condition and that your nozzle is attached to your nozzle so this rules out ANY issues related to feeding away from your gearbox.

The issue, as per your original post, should reside with either your hop-up bucking or the magazines itself and/or the BB's. Keep in mind that buckings will wear over time, like an eraser, and need to be replaced depending on wear and tear.

How deep is the cut in the wire insulation? The camera focus is off but it looks like it could be touching the metal body and causing a short.

The first problem you describe is common with AK's where the screw that holds the fire selector comes loose and the fire selector is stuck between safe and full auto because it's not moving the selector plate. Tighten and make sure that the selector plate screw is properly seated in the "notch" that moves the fire selector.
The second problem you describe is reminiscent of short-stroking the trigger when on semi-auto and is a very common problem with v3 gearboxes.

I have a gen2 E&L ak74u for reference.
Thank you kindly buddy!Yeah, Gearbox was like a last resort at first, but, the sounds it made during the shooting recently, made me a bit curious and worried, so, I just decided to open it and see if that could be the gearbox fault.Oh, and those wires,it's just that, whatever I take the gearbox in or out, it always a end up as a tight fit, so it's always scratching something, I even wrapped around some tape, to minimize that.But yeah, BB's, mag, or the hop-up could be to blame.So right now, I going to clean the entire gearbox, re-grease it, use different bb's and different mags, look at that selector problem, cover those wires, and if that doesnt work either, I just dont know what I am gonna do, as a closest service like more than hundred miles away...
zgzdgz is offline   Reply With Quote