View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 14:13   #33
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordarski J.A. View Post
The G&G C7A1 should not have the "M4 stock" (four-position law enforcement stock) because the RS C7A1 never came with a retractable stock. The difference between the C7 and C7A1 was the introduction of the flat top - the C7A2 was the introduction of the retractable stock and the ambidexterous fire selector. Why there is a Triad on there (for the sake of it being a C7A1) is beyond me.

All that said, I'm glad to see someone taking an interest in making a Canadian weapon. All too long now if someone wanted a "Canadian" weapon (C7 or C8 and all their variants) they had to buy the American version (M16 or M4) and modify it appropriately. It's great to see a C7A1 being produced right from factory. Aside from the Triad being available separately (as has been confirmed that it will be), I'm curious if the C79 Elcan will be an accurate representation....besides the screws/wingnuts.

While I'm happy that a C7A1 will be available, I personally will not likely be purchasing one simply because it is an AEG. I got bit by the GBBR bug and I prefer to use them. But if the parts (Triad, Elcan, etc.) are of good quality, I would consider purchasing them to assist with any C7A2 or C8A2/A3 GBBR builds.

Thanks Mordarski,

Hard to believe that in my 9 years with the CF i seem to know nothing about the C7 series of rifles [/sarcasm]

The C7A1 that this is trying to be is wrong on so many levels.

I have one sitting in my store right now and here are my thoughts on it.

-The green is way to bright, its some kind of puke green and nowhere close to what the C7A2 was.

-The fire selector markings are HK style and not the correct "S" "R" "A" that the C7 has.

-The "Canadian Forces" trademarks are all wrong. Slapping a maple leaf on the side of a rifle doesnt make it a good C7 clone.

-The barrel is wrong, Canadian issue C7s have a smooth barrel not a ribbed finish on them.

-The flash hider is wrong, the C7 has a standard AR style flash hider, not the KA style with the suppressor centring notch.

-The C79 is all wrong, it lacks the correct trades and the metal wingnuts the A2s have on them. it has the Radioactive marking on the bottom but its very sloppy. The retical is also wrong, close, but still wrong.

-The Thermold mag is very poorly made and did not fit nicely into the gun.

-The Thermold mag has not been used in over 15 years and was taken out of service long before the A2 series of rifles was introduced.

-The lack of the ambi features the A2 offers such as the selector, mag release and charging handle.

-The rifle itself is a strange mix of an A1 but with A2 attempted features.

-It DOES NOT have the blowback everyone is talking about.

Overall this rifle is a total POS, it fails at trying to be a true Canadian rifle and in my opinion is nothing more then a sad attempt to grab the money of uninformed Canadians hoping to do a good Canadian load out.

Well done G&G, you attempted to make a C7 but obviously without any sort of research. As a result you have put out the biggest pile of shit i have ever had the unfortunate luck of setting my eyes on.

To all the guys out there wanting to use this for a Canadian kit load out:

This is not the rifle you are looking for, move along.

All this will get you is laughed at by any and everyone who knows what a C7 is.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote