View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2013, 22:20   #32
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Oh, I am intimately familiar with these systems. Nice gimmick for plinkers but not at all a good base for a skirmishable platform. There's just so many other/ cheaper/ more expensive but nicer guns to work out of if you're going to do a full gut that you'd have to really like this particular variant to even bother.
Nearly every measurement in these blowback armalites is out of standard far enough to be a pain in the ass. These are guns that rule until they break and then promote much gnashing of teeth.
It looks to me that G&G didn't do great market research for this product, missing details and putting this face on a less skirmish-friendly platform.
In fact, as I write this, I kind of get the feeling that G&G has potentially given a less popular product line an exclusive face-lift in an attempt to move stock.
Hm.

mrfister:
All of those parts are typically crappy-to-nice plastic in the vast majority of AEGs. The G&G (grey and green) plastic hopup chambers/ assemblies are actually really nice. The pistons/ piston heads are unfortunately exclusively crap though.

Last edited by Cliffradical; September 9th, 2013 at 22:23..
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote