View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:58   #308
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
We weld. Brushed motors run hot enough to melt silver solder.
uhhhh no. not these motors. the vast majority of us never run anything more than 11.1v (12.8v max) or run more than 14-18A through them. It's rare for them to even get hot enough to melt LEAD based solder.

And about heat, heat is far less detrimental to motor life than debris. And if you don't understand why then stop posting now because you clearly don't understand anything about how motors work lol
I can run my 'cheaply' made hand wound eagle force motor in my M249 to near hand-burning temperatures several times every time i use the gun. It's been through more high heat cycles than most vehicle engines over the last few YEARS, and because it's so well built it hasn't damaged it in the least. I've turned the comm pitch black from the amount of use, cleaned it up, still works like the day I got it.

It doesn't really matter how long you've used brushless motors in an RC application because honestly it has NOTHING to do with airsoft guns. We use brushed motors in a burst application. It's the difference between an F1 engine and a NASCAR engine.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote