View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 13:58   #84
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Finally, people who share my opinion.

As well as the concerns about eyes there is zero need for a LTD or LAM at an airsoft game, you're engaging targets at 50-100 feet in the best of conditions. The risks far outweigh the benefit of them, keeping in mind, the benefits are nothing more than "cool factor".

In regards to "responsible" users, you're using military technology, none of you are trained to use it. Sure, you might try aim low, but there is always going to be accidents or occasions where you pan the laser and wind up hitting someone in the face. I'm glad having a laser lets you fulfill your inner desire to play out your Task Force Daisychain fantasies, but leave them at home.
I'm not sure if you understand how lasers are employed in urban areas if don't consider that to be a valid use of one both in the military and in airsoft. More often then not you are deploying a laser in those situations in real life.

As for the argument I can see both sides of the fence. At Rhino 2 one of the tan players decided to continually hit me in the eyes with his laser even as I was screaming at him to sort his shit out. I have also seen many lasers in games where the rules say dont bring a fucking laser. Its much like a hot gun or a guy using a thunder b.

As Alex says there are certain people I would trust with a laser, who know what they are using and know the safety precautions. There are also a lot of airsofters I wouldn't trust with a whistle.

Even if things are banned people are still retards and will try and circumvent the rules. I think we should just euthanize stupid players :P.

If lasers are banned at a game I am completely cool with that same as if they are allowed to continue. I have no issues walking over and sorting people out. Lasers I see more of something you would see more in a small game where everyone knows each other. Big games with 250 people can be a cluster fuck with regards to safety being ingored.

I spent $4400 dollars on my eyes which was much more then I paid for my laser. My eyes cant be replaced.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote