View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:51   #80
Derpystronk

McKee I understand your stance on the matter. You bring up valid points.

One of the things that is becoming more and more common at games is the player regulation regarding night vision and lasers. Alot of the more educated players who have had Night Vision tend to touch base with the players who don't. I have seen a few times where someone pulled another player aside because their laser seemed just a bit too bright, and found out it was a G&P DBAL. In pretty much every one of those cases the offending players didn't know any better.

The issue needs to be addressed by game hosts more diligently. For Hornet I've went (as some might suggest) a little far in requiring all players register every device that contains a laser. Element PEQ-16 where you are using only the Flashlight? Come see me before the game. Real PEQ-Whatever? It's in the book now. A number of games say they will be preforming spot chronies of players, but never do. I will actively be running the field looking at peoples guns, checking their lasers and referring to the registry. I see someone use a laser and I find they didn't register it? They are sent home immediately. This much will be made clear during the safety brief, and I've already touched on it in the rules post.

The issue is that there are a number of hosts that don't know about the dangers that some of these lasers pose, or some don't even know they exist/are being fielded. This is as much as it is an education effort for these hosts to make them aware of the situation. But it's like you said, people will bring shit onto the field without consent. Is it right? No. It should be the hosts job to make sure everything that is on the field is safe. Failing that, it becomes the players responsibility to inform the host of the situation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a .7mw laser. The issue is someone thinking they know better and bringing some Russian IR Illuminator laser focused down to a dot onto the field thinking it's fine. It needs to be an education effort on the players part. A large percentage of the time the players learn, understand, and buy something better(read: safe). The ones that don't are going to be told to GTFO and won't be welcome at any decent game.

The sad thing is they might go somewhere else and injure someone anyways :/

Last edited by Derpystronk; February 9th, 2013 at 06:54..
Derpystronk is offline   Reply With Quote