View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 16:48   #8
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
All good to know.

What are your preferred brands then? Am I better off saving the $$$ and going with something else?

Thanks
Well I'm pretty close to retiring from this hobby, over the years I've gone through a shitload of AEG/GBB/GBBR so far if you want to compare companies that still make them flawless I would have to say Tokyo Marui, King Arms, G&P and Classic army (in that order) but if you have some extra funds I would have to strongly suggest you dive into the PTW starting with either a FCC, DTT modded PTW or a fully Modified Tac PTW then your view towards AEGs will forever changed.

Essentially unless you are comparing a PTW all AEGs are the same they are based on Marui planetary gearbox set up. Granted that there are a few company that comes out with proprietory parts that mimicks a PTW set up ie. WE KATANA, ICS, DTW but they are not the same when compared to a PTW. PTW with it's high price tag do have it's own demons same as owning a AEGs so in the end it's a toy it will break no matter how good teh company is, hell I'm waiting for my FCC to go down but that damn thing keeps on ticking, and I still have my HK51 from Tokyo Marui since 91 and it's in perfect working condition, What I'm trying to say is no matter what the company is it's a toy, it will break the only thing you should be concern is how fast? and all that depend on how you use it and how you take care of it

Last edited by wildcard; November 20th, 2012 at 17:02..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote