View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2012, 21:07   #97
drewroud

Sorry for the late reply, I am super busy with school and sports.

I started to think about the enhanced return spring and I stumbled upon short stroking and shock buffers.

I have a list of questions.

1. What part of the slide / frame absorbs the impact of the frame coming forward? I am pretty sure that when the slide racks back, the spring absorbs the impact since without the rod in, the slide goes back further. The reason I ask why I that I wonder if a stronger spring would cause more wear and tear on specific parts.

2. DO Shock Buffers help absorb the impact of the motion of the slide? If not, what is the point of them.

3. If you use something soft to shortstroke the spring, like o rings, would this serve the same purpose as shock buffers?

4. What is the point of buying a stronger spring and short stroke it? Wouldnt the recoil be the same as a standard strength spring?

5. I cant visualize how the schock buffers affect the spring. Right now in my gun, the orings are placed so that the spring can fully compress, but If I add one more, it does not. Does the spring get fully compressed when I add more o rings?

I was troubleshooting one of my leaky army mags and I took off the top gasket. When I tried to put it back one, it would not seat properly with the magazine and it would sit about a half centimeter high. The rubber is on correctly. Even if I pressed it down SUPER HARD, it would not seat flush. Because of this, I broke the wholes in the plastic magazine gasket.

7. Can you explain why this happened and are there any replacements you recommend? The only one I have found is by building fire. Army mags suck.

So right now I have come to the conclusion that I need to either buy marui or we mags. We's have worked fine so far without any problems.

Ok

8. What parts need to be modified to have a full auto g17? Just thinking about it,for sure dont want it.

9. What is different in a glock 18c mechanism?

DO you have any pictures of the tan and silver glock 17 internals?

Do you have any pictures of shock buffers ? short stroke on glocks?
drewroud is offline   Reply With Quote