View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:47   #14
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I'm going to stick with the 0.30g for the Tokyo Marui, with a lower FPS. I will need a full compliment of upgrade parts and tweaking, but it'll be good. I've already seen this build in action, and it's solid.

I've now received the Ares AW .338, and bone stock it shoots 550 FPS with 0.20g BBs. I've disassembled it, cleaned, re-greased everything, and added a couple new upgrades; a Madbull H-bucking (hard), a Madbull rubber with stabilizer (hard), and a Prometheus stainless steel 6.03mm, 650mm tightbore barrel. The gun has a one piece hop-up that takes AEG parts, which is nice. The only pain, is getting the rubber to seat, as it's such a tight fit. Not like Rob's mom at all.

Since the parts change, the FPS actually dropped a bit to between 480-510 FPS. That's strange, you'd think a hard hop-up and a tighter bore would increase velocity (but I'm not complaining). I may make a custom pressure control valve if needed, as I cannot find an after market one. I'd need to make sure I can aquire a replacement bolt first in case I screw it up. On that note, anyone know who in Canada is an "official" Ares retailer?

Before upgrading the gun shot easily over two-hundred feet, but was inconsistent. I couldn't stabilize the hop-up, and obviously couldn't dial in my sites due to inconsistencies. I will hopefully be able to put this gun through it's paces soon.

I have to say, that i'm impressed with the Ares build. It's a very simple system. It would seem if anything wore out or broke, it would be easy to have a part machined. The bolt, and trigger are the only semi complicated pieces.

Last edited by Ricochet; August 2nd, 2012 at 02:49..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote