Thread: Ops-center
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2012, 21:55   #63
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
That has gotta be the coolest feature. Great for big ops like claybank etc.

I'd really love for a direct rss feed and implementation into a persons site.
Be able to show near by games and allow people to join by clicking from my site. As long as they have a user name. Then bounce em back to the. Maybe askin for too much.
People seem to dislike to many pages and having to goto other sites etc.
RSS, embed code and widgets will come with time. We're still building functionality. Once the data schema stabilizes we can look at outbound feeds, but we also are refining the privacy policy and disclosure wishes of hosts and players. There is more research and development to be done there before we start firing data offsite.

The embed graphic is all a host needs right now to link to a dboard. Problem is most dboards don't support HTML embed code from a third party site. I'd rather build an API and feed data that way, its far easier on cpu, bandwidth, etc.

I'm predicting you'll see the smaller games and hosts do paid tickets first. It costs a LOT of money to build this type of tool. Larger budget events can spend on web presence and a simple paypal gateway - the average 20 person game once a week during the summer can't finance this type of thing, but they can certainly use it if they don't have to build it.