View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 17:24   #57
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red62 View Post
Yeah, I have to agree: I want to get into AEGs, but every time I wait for the piston to crank, I crank- too used to my pistol. Not to mention, I roll around in the sand a lot, the pistol's easier to do that with. If you're worried about the pistol looking silly in your hands, get a bigger pistol. long dragons are not bad I hear.
If at some point you are unable to resist the urge to get an AEG, there are a few things you can do to improve trigger response -- these will take some skill to install and some discipline to use sensibly, but it can be done with the following combination of things:

1) Use a high powered battery, 11.1V LiPo.
2) Install a MOSFET with a trigger computer like the AWS Raptor.
3) Install high speed gears.
4) Install a very high torque motor with neodymium magnets.

5) Optional - Program the MOSFET to use "pre-cocking mode", which causes it to pre-pull the piston to a position very close to the release position (this is more useful for DMR type applications, but can greatly improve response).
6) Optional - Toy with trigger pull length

Granted, this is a bit contrived, a gas pistol or rifle is always gonna feel far more peppy (not to mention fun), but if you were determined to make it happen with an AEG, the above recipe would do it.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote