View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2011, 11:47   #58
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varjeal View Post
This may not be the right place for this but I have a question about something said in the original post:

"It also will work for the TM MK23 Socom mags but I would suggest removing the safety valve, JB weld the hold and then follow the procedure below."

Could we possibly get some pics and pointers on how to do that? Of three mags I own, the original one is already leaking after less than 200 rounds, so I guess its time to get some practice in. Also, it may sound silly but is it really safe to remove the safety valve and what's the purpose of it if only some mags have one? Thanks for any help and consideration.
Yes it is safe. The pressure with propane exceeds that of the safety valve. Removing it bring the mag on par with all other green gas/propane mags. Your pistol is more than adequate to handle propane with proper maintenance, care and usage.

Anyway, once the safety valve fails due to propane over pressure, it will not close and continue to leak as if you drilled a small hole in the side of the mag.

I don't have pics and I'm on my phone so the following will have to suffice for now.

Remove floor plate and look for the half pin. It will be between the two retaining pins on one side only.
Drill it out with an appropriately sized bit. Avoid drilling too deep or on an angle. You only need to go as deep as the outer casing of the mag.
Remove the other two retaining pins.
Sand/file the stump of the half pin flush. If you drilled too deep, you can fill it with a bit of JB Weld later on.
Locate the safety valve and spring and remove both. Shake them out or use needle nose pliers or a small screwdriver.
Clean the opening of all lube a dirt/grim.
Mix your JB Weld as per the directions and fill the hole. Fill your drilled hole at this time if required.
Let dry overnight.
Sand your filled hole(s) flush and test fit it in the mag shell.
Continue with the sealing instructions as above.
Go shoot some baddies!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote