View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:41   #937
n1ch0

Fyra,

I've just fitted a RS novak sight to the prowin kimber mbk (its novak cut. Not kimber cut - learned that the expensive way -$100)...

Its not difficult, but it does take time.... My gun is still with my friend whose putting them together, so I can't take a picture of it. Anyway... Just imagine this, a real sight is a 'block/bar' cause there's nothing under it, where as the airsoft sight has a U groove ish - to accomodate the BBU.,, so basicly we need to file the unit to fit a BBU.. And leave the side 'feet' to lock into the slide.

Hope I describe it enough.

Now, I need some help with my 1911 build...
1.the hammer won't fully 'hit', the bb flies out but the slide won't rack back..
2. And the slide sometimes won't move smoothly, like there's a friction.. But the BBU wasn't hitting the frame..
3. The nozzle won't return.. Will it cause problem? Even with just manual pull with hand, it won't return.. But when racking the slide about 1/2 the time it will return. I've just bought some AS and MAG spring to try. The BBU seems to have friction

I've used a M1911 TM (metal body from years back, could be creation?) to fill the prowin Kimber warrior mbk
- Metal outer barrel - looks SS.. + spring guide and bushing from the old 1911
- 9ball BBU + std internal, only changed ARS nub thingy
- std internal for frame, but I've just gotten the PDI delta hammer, std leaf spring - but have AS lightweight one
- NOVA slide stop (major fitting to fit), beaver tail, MSH, and ambi safety

anyone can help me with the problem? We have worked on it for weeks - including waiting for replacement parts, but we are still clueless..

Thanks,
Nicholas
n1ch0 is offline   Reply With Quote