View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2011, 16:41   #153
AoiShikaku

Thought I would throw this out there for those trying to make some changes with cylinders and springs.

Basic info:
- I've got 3 springs m90, m110, and m150 (Systema PTW specific)
- I've got 2 cylinders a Red cylinder with only one hole at the bottom, and a Blue one with two holes at the bottom
- 0.20g MadBull BB's used to test FPS (with hopup completely off)

So I threw all three springs into each cylinder and found that I would gain or lose FPS with the same spring depending on which cylinder I used.

The Blue one was able to get higher FPS than my Red one. Why.. could be the extra hole at the bottom, but I really cannot explain it very well.

FPS data on each Cylinder -
- The lower the spring (m90 for this case) I was able to get 300 FPS using the Red cylinder. In the Blue one I was able to get 315 FPS.
- The mid range spring (m110) I was able to get 365 FPS in the Red cyldinder and 380 FPS in the Blue
- The high end spring (m150) I was able to get 535 FPS in the Red cylinder and 560 FPS in the Blue

Conclusion:
If you plan to pick up an extra cyldiner (so long as it is the opposite and has two or one hole) and find that you are running too hot, or too low you can always swap out your spring into another cylinder to get an ideal FPS limit you are trying to achieve.

misc info:
All these tests were done with new springs, some preinstalled into the cylinders (m110, and m150), and one brand new with no tension (m90)
I cannot say the same for other users as FPS may vary from one cyldinder to another... but it's always nice knowing that someone out there did some homework for you.