Thread: USMC ILBE Packs
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2010, 19:22   #1
Conker

USMC ILBE Packs

I'd post a "wanted" ad, but I know these aren't very common around here, so figured it'd be more effective to post here if anyone knows where to find them.

What I currently have: a main pack (Gen2), based on the Arc'Teryx Tango, with the lid (Gen1, retrofitted with Gen2 buckles and aftermarket zip) and the straps (Gen1).
I'm currently using a blast belt instead of the ILBE belt and it works quite well, but I'd prefer one with more padding (as the original belt).

I also have an assault pack (Gen2), designed from the Arc'Teryx Charlie, on my way (should arrive tomorrow or maybe monday).

I'll use the assault pack mainly for airsoft, but I love the design of the main pack, as well as modularity the MOLLE provides, so I also use it as an hiking backpack. To do that, there's some stuff I'm looking to get to have the complete set and be much more effective as a system...

What I need to complete the set:
  • Straps (Gen2)
  • Outdoor Research CB pack cover

AFAIK there are also additional pouches which attach to the sides... anyone know how they are called?

I'll post pics of all I have as soon as I get the assault pack... Meanwhile, if anyone knows where to find these, feel free to let me know!

Thanks!
Conker

Last edited by Conker; August 30th, 2010 at 23:45..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote