View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:53   #9
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
i think you should include a general breakdown of parts for different types of setups, that way, if people have any specific questions are parts, they can ask them. Here is what i mean:

High Speed Set Up:

Do a break down of everything YOU would do for a high-speed set up with the primary upgrades followed by the secondary and tertiary.

High Power Set Up:

etc.

This should answer most peoples basic questions on the parts they will need for each setup.

Just my 2 cents.
Agreed.

Unseen to the general user, I have four reserved posts below the main post that are in the works a bunch of FAQs and different details on those types of setups, or more specifically, what theories I try to attain to reach different goals for different performance characteristics.

To be described, will be the many characteristics that pistols can have, what the purpose of that characteristic is, and what can be done to achieve the best performance from these characteristics. The two biggest characteristics that people almost always ask me about, are shot velocity/power, and accuracy. Falling far behind in terms of how frequently they're asked, are other characteristics such as cycling speed, pointability trigger jobs, reloading speed, muzzle control, target acquisition, draw speed, gear/equipment, etc etc. Some of these are picked up only through practice, but having the right equipment can aid or enhance the experience as well. These will be all discussed.

Listing specific parts is generally not too useful, as they change with time as new items hit the market or are developed. Discussing the characteristic and the techniques to achieve it are more important, as the theories can be carried through time. I can still discuss specific parts, as long as readers realize that the answers provided can be dated.

Last edited by ILLusion; November 30th, 2009 at 14:45..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote