Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Customs seizures. (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=72538)

Fuzy December 10th, 2008 20:39

Customs seizures.

I have done research into canadian customs laws and am currently waiting for a response from Canada customs but thought id ask here. Has anyone had any luck with importing non clear airsoft guns from the U.S to Canada (Personal use quantities)? This does include partially or full metal guns such as gas operated blowback pistols. The average selection of any type of airsoft guns purchasable from a Canada based warehouse is nothing short of poor, causing me to consider ordering from the U.S but not being sure about wether it will be held for a few extra days or seized and never delivered has given me reservations untill I can aquire more information.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

-Stephen

ShelledPants December 10th, 2008 20:43

I don't mean to sound rude, but it doesn't seem like you've done any research regarding airsoft importation into Canada, there are plenty of people who've tried and failed miserably here on ASC.

The consensus is this:

1.You order from the US.
2.It gets seized by the CBSA, and then destroyed.
3.You get a letter from them stating it was seized and destroyed.
4.From then on everything you import from foreign countries is scanned by the CBSA.
5.You're put on a watch list at customs.

SOCINCO December 10th, 2008 20:43

please read the FAQ your answer is there!!

pusangani December 10th, 2008 20:44

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=23034

research much?

Fuzy December 10th, 2008 20:54

Lol?

Don't mean to sound rude? You arent trying very hard. I have done research as in reading the Canada customs policies and I am aware of certain issues, the reason im asking is that id prefer to ask people if in the last year they have been able to import a non clear airsoft gun from the U.S to Canada rather than just reading that the current canadian government doesn't like airsoft guns or replica firearms.

TokyoSeven December 10th, 2008 20:58

If youre just looking for a quick answer then the answer is no, people have not been able to import on their own succesfully.

ujiro December 10th, 2008 20:59

AFAIK no laws have changed in a while... Actually no, I know that to be fact. Whether or not it is legal to import a replica firearm does not change year by year. It is ILLEGAL. And it will get seized. If it was legal, don't you think there would be at least one Canadian retailer who would have a good selection and tons of available stuff? Use some logic there.

Fuzy December 10th, 2008 21:00

Ok, thank you thats all I needed. Forced to make due I suppose.

Scooby Steve December 10th, 2008 21:01

This belongs in Newbie Tank.

Whirlwind December 10th, 2008 21:01

It would be a great idea to get age verified. Lots of options open up for you then.

Fuzy December 10th, 2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ujiro (Post 877959)
AFAIK no laws have changed in a while... Actually no, I know that to be fact. Whether or not it is legal to import a replica firearm does not change year by year. It is ILLEGAL. And it will get seized. If it was legal, don't you think there would be at least one Canadian retailer who would have a good selection and tons of available stuff? Use some logic there.

Do you think WWW.Buyairsoft.ca manufactures their stock?

Disco_Dante December 10th, 2008 21:05

No one in North American manufactures airsoft guns. Except perhaps very small scale projects.

JoeFriday December 10th, 2008 21:06

No. No one in Canada manufactures any airsoft guns. NONE. The only accessories I'm aware of are AI's propane adaptor and tornado grenade. And I don't even know if they're made here or not?

JoeFriday December 10th, 2008 21:07

Touche Disco Dante... touche...

Styrak December 10th, 2008 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzy (Post 877965)
Do you think WWW.Buyairsoft.ca manufactures their stock?

Buyairsoft does not have non-clear airsoft.