Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   40 hour Milsim in Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=182904)

MantherFox April 15th, 2017 23:39

40 hour Milsim in Canada

Hey guys just curious if there is a 40 hour event in Canada ? Ive never been able to make it down south for MSW or Lionclaw etc . Do the larger event companies host 40 hour legit milsims in Canada?

thanks guys

Ricochet April 15th, 2017 23:42

Plenty of twenty-fours and I've attended one thirty-six in the past, but anything over eighteen is becoming more and more rare. I heard there may be forty-eight being planned in Merritt coming up, but just through word of mouth.

MantherFox April 15th, 2017 23:48

yes Omega Ops event May Long weekend!

Ricochet April 16th, 2017 00:05

Yeah. That's the one.

I really enjoyed most of the games I attended. The issue with longer games is that many players bitch out early in droves, which can really throw the game out of whack. This was a small issue ten years ago and is becoming more and more common. Twenty-four hours means you will feel fatigue, hunger, soreness, dehydration, depression, boredometc, to some extent, so you have to be physically and mentally prepared, as well as properly gear prepared. For some, their boots getting wet, or having some down time is enough to make them quit. Because of this, these endurance games are kind of getting less and less common.

Derpystronk April 16th, 2017 00:09

Brian in Ontario's Deadfall series has historically gone over 40 hours but it's also somewhat ambiguous. I have something planned for later this year that approaches the 40 hour territory.

Why are you interested in 40 hour events specifically?

MantherFox April 16th, 2017 00:20

there needs to be a national event!

Derpystronk April 16th, 2017 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantherFox (Post 2002982)

There are multiple national events. I've seen a few in BC, I've had people drive across Canada to attend my shitty events, Nightfall is here and that is the big meme if you want AMS style non stop pew. You have options my dude.

Ricochet April 16th, 2017 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantherFox (Post 2002982)

National? Most events are open to everyone. I've travelled provinces to attend events.

J-Man19 April 16th, 2017 14:51

me and some buddies flew from calgary to ottawa for a saturday skirmish once.

MantherFox April 16th, 2017 18:53

Nice well this Omega event will be the first of its kind in Western Canada! Full on Tier 2 event! Its going to be a good one. Very remote AO with 160 acres of room to stretch your legs.

docholiday April 16th, 2017 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MantherFox (Post 2003032)
Nice well this Omega event will be the first of its kind in Western Canada! Full on Tier 2 event! Its going to be a good one. Very remote AO with 160 acres of room to stretch your legs.

What is a Tier 2 event?

Spike April 16th, 2017 20:21

My guys road trip 4 provinces away every year for a big OP. Shit's national, yo.

JukeboxXIII April 16th, 2017 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by docholiday (Post 2003035)
What is a Tier 2 event?

It's a classification system we use to denote expected commitment levels, and what is present in the game. Tier 3 would be our single day, dropin/dropout, show up as you are scenario events, where it is a large production you are a part of.

Tier 2 is what would be more commonly seen as a milsim, with kit restrictions, very little handholding from admins, and a greater expectation of the players. Tier 2 is, essentially, where you are expected to be able to balance camping with airsoft, and the commanders are there to help balance who's on shift, who's on rest. There is no "quitting" or leaving the field for the safe zone. It's a continuous event where things like security are an integral part of the game, even while on rest.

Hectic April 16th, 2017 20:56

So this OP is fron the hosts of this upcoming event I guess?
The shameless plug, gotta respect that I spose lol

Izzzzayy April 17th, 2017 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltastronk (Post 2002979)
I have something planned for later this year that approaches the 40 hour territory.

I just got a raging hard-on.